Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for an Industrial Designer is R215,526
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Industrial Designers?
An entry-level Industrial Designer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R149,163 based on 8 salaries. An early career Industrial Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R205,008 based on 95 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Industrial Designers Do?
Most of the time, industrial designers work in the manufacturing sector. They design products and develop concepts for products that are manufactured at factories, such as home appliances, furniture, automobiles, electronics, and toys. They use their artistic, business, and engineering talents to design various products for manufacturers.
Employers require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, engineering, or another relevant field. Commensurate work experience is …Read more
- Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children's toys.
- Create presentations and reports for new items.
- Responsible for material selection and recommendation, work through debugging issues with new items.
- Oversee projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs and deliverables.
- Input on industrial design, aesthetic, interface and functional solutions for products.