The average salary for a Junior Copywriter in South Africa is R117,128.
Is Junior Copywriter your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
R79k - R142k
R82k - R305k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Junior Copywriter
A junior copywriter is an entry-level position which works underneath a senior copywriter. Although their responsibilities may vary greatly from company to company, they must always provide excellent customer service to their companies' clients. They should be able to listen to clients' ideas and transfer them to paper in order to bring their visions to life; as such, junior copywriters should have vivid imaginations and be able to brainstorm for a wide array of needs. Those in this position sh…Read more
Junior Copywriter Tasks
- Work with Creative Director, Art Director and other copy writers to develop creative copy for advertising campaigns.
- Ensure copy serves purpose of selling client's product/service/image according to strategic creative plan.
- Research brands and products to write copy that is accurate, on-target and "brand-right".
- Write original copy and edit existing copy and proofread all copy deliverables for quality.
- Ensure adherence to and consistency in copy standards and style.
Junior Copywriter Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Junior Copywriter
Social Media Marketing
Skills in Copywriting are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Social Media Marketing, Editing and Proofreading.
Pay by Experience Level for Junior Copywriter
An entry-level Junior Copywriter with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R124,453 based on 24 salaries. An early career Junior Copywriter with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R115,578 based on 45 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 69 survey responses.