Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Lab Technologist is R175,951
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lab Technologists?
An entry-level Lab Technologist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R137,580 based on 6 salaries. An early career Lab Technologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R144,000 based on 41 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Lab Technologists Do?
Lab technologists are in charge of performing standard laboratory procedures with minimal technical supervision. They complete clerical functions that include identifying, processing, and labeling data, as well as delivering that data to designed areas in their department. Lab technologists complete reports based on their findings and collect samples as required by the project's needs. In all tasks, lab technologists must follow safety and privacy policies to maintain confidentiality, health …Read more
- Conduct blood tests and blood counts.
- Maintain, set up, sterilize, and calibrate medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze results of tests using mechanical or electrical devices to identify any abnormalities.
- Enter any abnormalities or diseases into the database.
- Perform manual and automated tests for diagnosis.