Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Maintenance Electrician is R330,592
What Do Maintenance Electricians Do?
The maintenance electrician performs most of the electrical maintenance tasks in a plant. Their key goal is to keep plant machinery and equipment in good condition by locating faulty parts by using an efficient, effective troubleshooting process. The maintenance electrician then replaces those parts that are worn and broken; if the parts are not broken, the electrician properly adjusts it to return the part or machine to working order. They also make routine inspections of equipment to assess …Read more
- Assemble and install electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and tools, to locate the cause of a problem.
- Test all assemblies, installations, or repairs on electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Construct and fabricate parts using power or hand tools and specifications.
- Review specifications to plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures.