Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for an Office Manager is R289,600
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Office Managers?
An early career Office Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R180,000 based on 33 salaries. An experienced Office Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R240,000 based on 28 salaries. In their late career (20 …Read more
What Do Office Managers Do?
Aspiring office managers should have excellent communication, problem-solving, and managerial skills, as they are responsible for all activities, projects, and employees of their offices.
It is essential that office managers work well in fast-paced environments, as they must oversee several ongoing projects at once. They work closely with staff to ensure that operations are running smoothly, and they must always stay up-to-date on the statuses of all projects to report directly to the CEO or …Read more
- Coordinate space and office organization; purchase and manage supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate office and/or departmental operations.
- Review, track and prepare budgets; maintain records and databases.
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests.
- Supervise support clerical staff.