The average salary for a Process Technician with Chemical Process Engineering skills in South Africa is R259,858.
Is Process Technician your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
R74k - R295k
R74k - R313k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Process Technician
A process technician’s main duties center around maintaining manufacturing process equipment and ensuring such machinery operates in a clean organized environment. To do this, process technicians are required to schedule and perform regular maintenance, cleaning, and repairs of all equipment; they also order necessary machine parts and upgrade equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance. In addition, process technicians perform some administrative tasks, such as documenting all machin…Read more
Process Technician Tasks
- Work to plan, analyze and control the quality of manufacturing processes.
- Provide training to team members on relevant industry processes and equipment operations safety.
- Continuously monitor all operations and processes to prevent and correct equipment malfunctions.
- Monitor equipment and take action in the event of problems.
- Responsible for process technology equipment operation and safety.
Process Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Process Technician
Skills in Troubleshooting and Machine Operation are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Quality Assurance / Quality Control, Manufacturing Process Engineering and Process Improvement.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.