Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Senior Actuarial Analyst is R632,088
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Actuarial Analysts?
An early career Senior Actuarial Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R555,271 based on 42 salaries. A mid-career Senior Actuarial Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R694,424 based on 44 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Senior Actuarial Analysts Do?
Senior actuarial analysts are responsible for high-level actuarial calculations and data analysis. They use standard methodologies to analyze company data, predicting future performance and performing risk analysis. Senior actuarial analysts help develop specific models and tools that allow a company to properly evaluate potential gains and losses of proposed business plans and processes. This includes building theoretical models specific to the company’s circumstances, gathering and analyzing …Read more
- Set project goals, determine appropriate methods, and schedule effort to reach objectives.
- Prepare rate filings and execute special projects.
- Write reports, correspondence, and communications for internal and client use.
- Calculate forecasts, rates, and liabilities and recommend changes.
- Analyze, model, and communicate findings and recommendations.