Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Senior Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designer is R324,185
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designers?
A mid-career Senior Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R329,940 based on 8 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of R0.
What Do Senior Computer Aided Design (CAD) Designers Do?
Senior computer aided design (CAD) designers are in charge of creating designs for their organization using specialized computer-based applications; to create these designs, the senior CAD designer uses specific requirements for their project and industry standards. They develop effective designs to resolve engineering issues and create phased development plans for improving existing civil engineering designs. They create CAD drafts that create a clear architectural image for other …Read more
- Develop detailed designs for integrated systems in coordination with engineers and customer requirements.
- Draft the engineering Bill of Materials for development projects.
- Provide support for component selections, specification generations, and vendor communication.
- Perform ECA changes to existing drawings as necessary.
- Draft drawings according to industry standards.