Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Senior Environmental Scientist is R471,156
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Environmental Scientists?
A mid-career Senior Environmental Scientist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R494,400 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Senior Environmental Scientist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R584,800 based on 8 salaries.
What Do Senior Environmental Scientists Do?
Senior environmental scientists are tasked with solving specific problems using technology, and they work with a wide range of companies, including central administrations, regional decentralized services, local administrations, industrial companies, consulting firms, service companies, non-governmental organizations, and institutions of research and higher education.
Senior environmental scientists evaluate the magnitude, duration, and reversibility of alterations caused by human activity in …Read more
- Lead environmental planning projects, establishing and managing schedules, goals, and budgets.
- Act as a resource for project staff and environmental scientists, providing scientific and technical guidance.
- Prepare technical evaluations and validate analytical data retrieved from field work, conducting corrective actions.
- Lead, conduct, and determine methods for site investigations and assessments, data collection, and environmental sampling.
- Prepare reports, charts, graphs, and presentations that interpret data samples and recommend actions.