Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Senior Tax Manager is R792,101
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Tax Managers?
A mid-career Senior Tax Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R742,636 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Senior Tax Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R859,281 based on 14 salaries.
What Do Senior Tax Managers Do?
The primary role that senior tax managers fill is ensuring corporate compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal tax obligations. In addition, senior tax managers develop internal policies relating to taxation and implement these policies into existing accounting practices. Oversight of internal audits is another important aspect of senior tax managers’ duties.
The staff members who work in a corporate tax office typically report to a senior tax manager. This managerial …Read more
- Mentor and review tax associates to develop people and revenue.
- Lead primary review of complicated or unusual tax documents.
- Research and document tax strategies and new laws.
- Manage and document compliance.
- Oversee tax planning and research, and create plans and goals to advise clients.