Audiometric Technician Salary
An Audiometric Technician earns an average salary of $37,172 per year.
Job Description for Audiometric Technician
Audiometric technicians work with specialized equipment to detect hearing issues in patients, which range from babies and students to senior citizens. These technicians also maintain and calibrate their audiometric screening equipment, which must be calibrated for each individual.Read More...
Upon determining that a patient has a hearing impairment, the audiometric technician may refer him/her to an audiologist to fit and obtain hearing aid equipment. Depending on the employer, these technicians may also have clerical duties, such as maintaining patients' files and scheduling and cancelling appointments for testing.
A high school diploma is a minimum requirement for this position, and some technicians obtain a certification in audiology; however, on-the-job training may be provided by the employer and educational requirements are not strict. Some employers may require a college degree, as well.
Audiometric Technician Tasks
- Under supervision of a audiologist or physician, perform select tasks in testing patients.
- Keep records and documentation of tests.
- Keep abreast of hearing conservation federal and state regulations.
- Check and calibrate audiometric instruments and equipment.
- Perform pure tone threshold hearing testing and otoscopic screening techniques.
Audiology Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Key Stats for Audiometric Technician
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 2 votes.