Radiation Diagnostic Technologist Salary
A Radiation Diagnostic Technologist earns an average salary of $47,963 per year.
Job Description for Radiation Diagnostic Technologist
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
- Review and evaluate film and images to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Explain process and position patient for scan; adjusting restriction devices; moving and adjusting equipment to set exposure factors.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices for government regulations and patient safety.
- As a trained technologist, operate radiology equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes under direction of a physician.