Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Boilermaker is AU$30.83
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Boilermakers?
An entry-level Boilermaker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$25.24 based on 17 salaries. An early career Boilermaker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$26.82 based on 200 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Boilermakers Do?
Boilermakers are responsible for building, installing, repairing, and maintaining boilers and large tanks or vats, and this work typically involves a variety of skilled labor techniques, including welding and metalworking. These boilers are typically parts of liquid pressure systems which may be situated in industrial facilities such as power plants, manufacturing facilities, and even large institutions like hospitals and schools. Boilermaker work typically involves field work at job sites, and …Read more
- Assemble, install, and repair boilers, closed vats, and other large vessels or containers that hold liquids and gases.
- Interpret work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols accurately.
- Repair boilers, tanks, and vessels in the field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
- Bolt or weld casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, tower manways, trays, chutes, and air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, catwalks, ladders, hopper and safety hatches to frames.
- Hammer, flame-cut, file or grind irregular edges of structural parts.
FAQs About Boilermakers
What is the highest pay for Boilermakers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Boilermaker is A$41.10 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Boilermakers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Boilermaker is A$22.74 / hour
How can Boilermakers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Boilermaker is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Boilermaker that oversees more junior Boilermakers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.