Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Draftsperson is AU$55,000
What Do Draftspeople Do?
A draftsperson primarily works in the field of building design and architecture. (In many job listings, the term is used interchangeably with architect.) The work revolves around the conception, drawing, design, and schematics for residential and commercial buildings.
To perform their job well, a draftsperson must also be willing to work with other aspects of a construction project. They must have a clear understanding of the needs and function of the building or residence being designed and …Read more
- Accurately post closed work orders to the master design files.
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using software.
- Log work orders into database and distribute and file work order folders daily.
- Coordinate work order process with construction supervisors, engineers and property accounting.