Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Fuel Tanker Driver is AU$97,506
What Do Fuel Tanker Drivers Do?
Fuel tanker drivers work on the road, transporting fuel from the designated pick-up point to the customers' locations. A driver may work for a single company or as an independent contractor working directly with customers. Fuel tanker drivers must be able to load and unload fuel tankers, follow strict safety guidelines, properly label materials, and keep track of other paperwork and records. Experience with valves, pumps, wrenches, and other tools needed to load and unload the tanker are …Read more
- Following dispatcher instructions, and safely and efficiently deliver goods from one location to another.
- Maintain industry qualifications.
- Maintain truck, including hoses, spouts, tires, and engine.
- Clean any spills and inspect tanker to reduce chances of accidents.
- Unload and measure amount delivered at each location, and ensure proper safety precautions are taken.