The average hourly pay for a Maintenance Electrician in Melbourne, Victoria is AU$39.43.
Is Maintenance Electrician your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
AU$29 - AU$50
AU$57,325 - AU$115,796
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Maintenance Electrician
The maintenance electrician performs most of the electrical maintenance tasks in a plant. Their key goal is to keep plant machinery and equipment in good condition by locating faulty parts by using an efficient, effective troubleshooting process. The maintenance electrician then replaces those parts that are worn and broken; if the parts are not broken, the electrician properly adjusts it to return the part or machine to working order. They also make routine inspections of equipment to assess i…Read more
Maintenance Electrician Tasks
- Assemble and install electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and tools, to locate the cause of a problem.
- Test all assemblies, installations, or repairs on electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
- Construct and fabricate parts using power or hand tools and specifications.
- Review specifications to plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures.
Maintenance Electrician Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Maintenance Electrician
Avg. Hourly Rate
Pay by Experience Level for Maintenance Electrician
An early career Maintenance Electrician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$30.00 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Maintenance Electrician with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$40.59 based on 10 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$38.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Newcastle, New South Wales (23.9% less), Bunbury, Western Australia (20.8% less) and Adelaide, South Australia (16.9% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 22 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
AU$21 - AU$44
AU$19 - AU$31
AU$22 - AU$41
AU$22 - AU$40
AU$20 - AU$40
AU$23 - AU$44
AU$20 - AU$42
AU$21 - AU$45
AU$20 - AU$37
AU$20 - AU$71