Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Programmer Analyst is AU$73,039
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Programmer Analysts?
An entry-level Programmer Analyst with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$57,046 based on 11 salaries. An early career Programmer Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$66,807 based on 102 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Programmer Analysts Do?
Programmer analysts work at various organizations. They design, code, and test new programs. They must document programs that they write. Documentation should include flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and revision dates. They debug, troubleshoot, and maintain source code related to various computer programs. Programmer analysts may also be required to customize computer programs that were bought from vendors to meet their organization’s specific needs. They must know …Read more
- Design, implement, and test database schemas.
- Identify schedule, features, and resources required.
- Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
- Write code to generate web pages, access databases and business logic servers.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.