The average salary for a Cardiothoracic Surgeon with Surgery skills in Canada is C$294,915.
Is Cardiothoracic Surgeon your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
C$193k - C$489k
C$9k - C$54k
C$188k - C$490k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Cardiothoracic surgeons are in charge of performing clinical duties and cardiothoracic surgeries on behalf of their organization. They are generally responsible for providing excellent patient care, resolving inquiries as they arise, and leading a team of clinical professionals in and out the surgery room, so strong leadership skills are required to avoid incidents during treatment and surgery. These surgeons are highly organized and pay close attention to detail, and must follow strict safety …Read more
Cardiothoracic Surgeon Tasks
- Perform complex surgical operations and interventions safely and hygienically.
- Work with nurses and anesthesiologists to ensure safe treatment.
- Complete paperwork on procedures, diagnoses, outcomes, and other factors.
- Explain patient health needs to family members, caretakers, nurses and others.
- Talk with patients to explain procedures and their risks and outcomes.
Cardiothoracic Surgeon Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Medicine / Surgery
Skills in Open Heart and Cardiology are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Medicine / Surgery.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 8 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
C$41k - C$90k
C$30k - C$63k
C$58k - C$97k
C$35k - C$71k
C$26k - C$50k
C$124k - C$512k
C$98k - C$495k
C$29k - C$53k
C$23k - C$38k
C$45k - C$93k