Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Curator is C$46,942 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Curators?
An early career Curator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$40,708 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Curator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$46,923 based on 17 salaries. An experienced Curator with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Curators Do?
Curators are professionals who oversee and manage a collection of some kind, typically related to art or science. They are often employed by museums, galleries, and universities but may be employed by any organization that has a valuable collection requiring care by someone with expertise in a particular field. They are expected to have at least a basic knowledge of the collection, as well as the ability to determine the best way to care for the pieces in it.
Duties may include daily physical …Read more
- Oversee the operation of the museum and off-site area storage.
- Build rapport with donors and potential donors, and negotiate to acquire specific collections or individual items.
- Assist in developing programs and special events.
- Assist in developing a long-term plan for rotating exhibits with the goal of reaching new and diverse audiences.
- Coordinate with the collections committee to ensure additions follow the museum's collection philosophy.
How do Curators Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Curators
What is the highest pay for Curators?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Curator is CA$77k / year
What is the lowest pay for Curators?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Curator is CA$30k / year
How can Curators increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Curator is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Curator that oversees more junior Curators, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.