Flight Coordinator Salary (Canada)
The average pay for a Flight Coordinator is C$41,850 per year.
|Salary||C$24,161 - C$54,039|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|C$24,715 - C$53,628|
Job Description for Flight Coordinator
Flight coordinators work primarily for the military, airline companies, and corporations which maintain their own airplanes and/or helicopters. These coordinators schedule and coordinate flight activity in accordance with standard operating procedures and General Operating and Flight Rules (14 CFR Part 91) issued by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and also provide schedules and itineraries to flight crew, such as pilots, flight attendants, and flight engineers.Read More...
Flight coordinators may assist flight crew with accommodation arrangements, such as for staying overnight in different locations. When scheduling flights, they must ensure the safe takeoff and landing of airplanes and may call alternate pilots, flight engineers, or flight attendants due to unexpected absences. They may also coordinate or oversee aircraft maintenance staff, monitor flight departures and arrivals, compile pre-flight procedures, and ensure that flight operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. They must also ensure that all pilots and flight attendants comply with established FAA rules and regulations and review the flight crew's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on an ongoing basis.
A bachelor's degree may be required for this position, and these coordinators must be able to work in a team environment and work calmly under pressure. Communication skills are also important, and some may be tasked with training new flight coordinators. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Flight Coordinator Tasks
- Prepare trip itineraries for flight crews. Ensure all crew members are briefed on assignments.
- Ensure documentation of trip data and produce post-flight expense reports.
- Manage crew and passenger logistics including crew lodging, ground transportation, and catering.
- Monitor air traffic control and weather status and advise flight crews of adverse conditions that may affect the flight.
- Coordinate all necessary flight logistics and resolve any technical or operational issues in order to ensure the safety and legality of each flight. Make sure all regulatory requirements are met.
Flight Coordinator Job Listings
Key Stats for Flight Coordinator
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 3 votes.