Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for an Instrument Technician is C$46.49
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Instrument Technicians?
A mid-career Instrument Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$43.00 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Instrument Technician with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$46.00 based on 6 salaries.
What Do Instrument Technicians Do?
Most instrument technician jobs fall mainly into two fields: medical and electrical. While there is a wee bit of overlap between the two fields (for example, both usually require the ability to operate in fast-paced environments), in most respects, the two are very different jobs indeed.
For starters, the medical instrument technician is responsible for the sterilization of operating room instruments between procedures. This implies knowledge of sterilization processes, as well as how to …Read more
- Calibrate temperature, pressure, flow, or other characteristics of instruments.
- Assemble, disassemble, and test parts of instruments.
- Audit and maintain spare parts inventory and manage documentation around instruments.
- Respond to outages and problems promptly and document root causes.
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot instrumentation.