The average salary for a Mid-Career Junior Accountant with Accounts Payable skills in Winnipeg, Manitoba is C$38,885.
Is Junior Accountant your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
C$0 - C$39k
C$0 - C$39k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Junior Accountant
Junior accountants provide a vital service to various companies by accurately recording corporate finances. Typical daily job duties include reconciling company bank accounts, balancing financial records and preparing monthly reports. They generally work with a team of other accountants and report to a senior accountant. The level of confidentiality and discretion required of junior accountants is great because they work with private company information and are given access to secure accounts. …Read more
Junior Accountant Tasks
- Maintain general ledger and oversee all day to day financial transactions.
- Assess data to ensure that proper accounting practices have been following.
- Assist with or conduct fixed asset audits as necessary.
- Create and maintain payroll budgets, update vendor information, and confirm expense vouchers.
- Match large batches of invoices and maintain the accuracy of employee timesheets.
Junior Accountant Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Junior Accountant
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Junior Accountant in their job title in Edmonton, Alberta earn an average of 21.7% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Toronto, Ontario (10.6% more) and Vancouver, British Columbia (7.8% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.