The average salary for a Law Firm Partner in Canada is C$200,000.
Is Law Firm Partner your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
C$52k - C$390k
C$0 - C$5k
C$61k - C$465k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Law Firm Partner
A law firm partner is a joint owner of their firm and helps oversee its day-to-day operations. They directly supervise the firm’s legal and technical support teams, coordinate logistics for new cases, and manage budgets and vendor relationships. Other duties of a law firm partner include handling numerous cases simultaneously, interacting with lawyers within the firm to provide advice and guidance, managing payroll, and hiring clerks. These professionals also implement initiatives in the office …Read more
Law Firm Partner Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Job Satisfaction for Law Firm Partner
Law Firm Partner Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Law Firm Partner
An experienced Law Firm Partner with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$315,000 based on 8 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of C$72,000.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 13 survey responses.