Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant is C$52,563
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Paralegal / Legal Assistants?
An entry-level Paralegal / Legal Assistant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$41,374 based on 6 salaries. An early career Paralegal / Legal Assistant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$43,815 based on …Read more
What Do Paralegal / Legal Assistants Do?
A paralegal (also known as a legal assistant) works in a law office for one or more attorneys to assist them in the execution of their practice. Many times a paralegal will be called upon to type written notes or transcribe recordings of meetings or telephone calls. A paralegal must also be organized and comfortable with research and document drafting; they also must have outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
In many operations, the attorneys may turn to their legal assistants …Read more
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file and file pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts and real estate closing statements.
- Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts or preparing legal documents.