The average salary for an Early-Career Research Engineer with Computer Aided Design (CAD) skills in Canada is C$60,504.
Is Research Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
C$59k - C$62k
C$59k - C$63k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Research Engineer
A research engineer is responsible for conducting research on behalf of their organization; the breadth and type of research varies depending on their role. They must be able to analyze systems (for example, identifying the vulnerable parts of security architectures and developing ideas for how to reduce vulnerability), as well as provide guidance to engineers and other professionals in different specialties as needed. This employee needs to be able to write reports and give presentations to oth…Read more
Research Engineer Tasks
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.
Research Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Research Engineer
Skills in Research Analysis, Engineering Design, Data Analysis, Product Development and Matlab are correlated to pay that is above average.