The average pay for a Mid-Career Area Sales Manager is €51,717 per year.
Job Description for Area Sales Manager
An area sales manager’s handles a number of departmental or organizational responsibilities. They orchestrate a sales team, set short-term and long-term goals for a sales division, collaborate with other departments, and conduct meetings. An area sales manager also documents and presents sales data, analyzes sale and industry trends, and communicates with board members.Read More...
An area sales manager typically needs at least a bachelor’s degree in sales, business, or marketing, although a degree in those specific fields is not necessarily required. It is crucial for an area sales manager to lead the sales team to meet or transcend sales goals, so communication, leadership, and goal-setting skills are important. An area sales manager also must become fluent in their field's or organization's technical jargon. The ability to perform damage control by minimizing loss, conflict, and confusion is another valuable skill for an area sales manager.
Work hours range from standard 40-hour weeks to schedules including extensive overtime. This work typically takes place in an indoor office setting. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Area Sales Manager Tasks
- Train sales staff, implement sales incentive programs and goals to increase employee performance.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the developed sales objectives and quotas.
- Manage sales professional staff within a specified area.
- Develop and maintain relationships with major or key accounts within a specific area or market.
- Plan and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
Area Sales Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Area Sales Manager