What Do Information Technology (IT) Architects Do?
An information technology (IT) architect plays an important part in managing the technological components of a business, specifically security architecture and business plans. IT architects ensure compliance with existing rules and regulations, as well as spearhead the creation and implementation of updated and new security architecture/systems. IT architects also work in risk assessment, foreseeing potential security risks. This career field typically offers a 40-hour workweek and is a salaried…Read more
- Oversee the development of future component architectures and migration plans.
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Define and enforce appropriate technical standards and procedures.
- Lead the research and development of new software products and applications.
- Define system, technical and application architectures for major areas of development.