What Do Special Education Teacher, Preschool, Kindergarten, or Elementary Schools Do?
Special education teachers in elementary school work with young students who face various learning disabilities. They may aim to help students transition into regular classes, or simply help them improve functionality. Every student should be evaluated separately, as the limitations and abilities of each student vary greatly. The job may occasionally involve assisting students with hygiene or mobility, so it is important to have necessary physical strength, as well.
This job can be physically g…Read more
- Evaluate students and communicate progress with parents, guardians, and administrators.
- Plan, assign, and evaluate lessons, projects and tests.
- Maintain classroom discipline.
- Maintain accurate student records as required by laws and administrative regulations.
- Instruct elementary students individually and in groups.