Avg. Base Salary (EUR)
The average salary for a Research and Development Engineer is €41,944
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Research and Development Engineers?
An early career Research and Development Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €40,693 based on 49 salaries. A mid-career Research and Development Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €45,290 based on 23 …Read more
What Do Research and Development Engineers Do?
Research and development engineers create new business opportunities by researching and inventing new engineering and manufacturing methods, as well as applying new knowledge and technology to improve existing methods. In this way, they help enable greater efficiency in manufacturing and in bringing new ideas to fruition in the marketplace. Research and development (R&D) research teams may work on their own or with scientists and/or product design teams to take a product concept, create …Read more
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.