Avg. Base Salary (EUR)
The average salary for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) is €62,902
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Software Development Engineer (SDE)s?
An early career Software Development Engineer (SDE) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of €45,805 based on 33 salaries. A mid-career Software Development Engineer (SDE) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of €74,339 based on 25 …Read more
What Do Software Development Engineer (SDE)s Do?
Software development engineers (SDE) work in a range of industries to apply the principles and techniques of computer engineering, information analysis, and computer science to design, build, and develop their employers’ computer systems and software. Experienced computer software engineers may work independently as consultants to various organizations, and may either build computer systems and software from scratch or customize existing systems and software which were purchased from vendors. …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and debug software for server applications.
- Write code to create multi-threaded, networked server applications.
- Use source debuggers, program dumps, and performance monitoring tools.
- Test and document software for server applications.