The average salary for a Desktop Support Technician with Hardware Configuration skills in India is ₹193,542.
Is Desktop Support Technician your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
₹126k - ₹245k
₹0 - ₹15k
₹141k - ₹308k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Desktop Support Technician
Desktop support technicians are usually the first people who are called when something goes wrong with a desktop computer in their company or the company's network. The duties range from remote desktop assistance to providing support over the telephone to troubleshooting issues that arise with computers. Desktop support technicians must prioritize the issues they receive. For example, a computer that completely crashes is usually considered a high priority over someone who can't figure out how t…Read more
Desktop Support Technician Tasks
- Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
- Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
- Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
- Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
Desktop Support Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Desktop Support Technician
Help Desk / Desktop Support
Computer Hardware Technician
Skills in Help Desk / Desktop Support, Help Desk / Desktop Support (Tier 2), Network Support and PC Support are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Computer Hardware Technician.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
₹120k - ₹320k
₹154k - ₹777k
₹169k - ₹816k
₹187k - ₹534k
₹123k - ₹364k
₹143k - ₹1m
₹162k - ₹632k
₹201k - ₹992k