The average salary for a Late-Career Materials Manager in India is ₹930,000.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Materials Managers Do?
The materials manager oversees the intake and distribution of all components and materials used by organizations. They are responsible for delegating tasks to subordinates and overseeing the completion of these tasks. The materials manager also maintains inventory levels to meet demand, as well as oversees purchasing and the shipping and receiving process. The materials manager must create and maintain relationships with suppliers. This incudes scheduling regular audits of the approved suppliers…Read more
Materials Manager Tasks
- Manage supplier relationships, lead negotiations, and track quality, price, and delivery metrics.
- Modify processes and procedures for shipping, receiving, transport, and inventory control to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Document and analyze all materials quality, movement, and use.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and turnover to allow production.
- Ensure that inventory is available and distributed across the organization to meet performance goals.
Materials Manager Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Materials Managers?
Skills in Inventory Management and Supply Chain are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Procurement.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Materials Managers?
An early career Materials Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₹399,959 based on 26 salaries. A mid-career Materials Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹609,604 based on 14 salaries. An experienced Materials Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹899,580 based on 42 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 82 survey responses.