Avg. Base Hourly Rate (NZD)
The average hourly pay for a Carpenter Foreman is NZ$30.78
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Carpenter Foremen?
A mid-career Carpenter Foreman with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of NZ$29.93 based on 112 salaries. An experienced Carpenter Foreman with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of NZ$30.49 based on 80 salaries.
What Do Carpenter Foremen Do?
A carpenter foreman is a key supervisor and manager on any major construction project. He or she supervises and directs the carpenters who work with wood on such projects. These can typically involve tasks like laying hardwood floors, building wooden staircases, framing and hanging doors, and building cabinetry and closets. In building projects that require multiple carpenters to perform these jobs, the carpenter foreman serves as their immediate supervisor. In turn, the foreman usually reports …Read more
- Follow Industry standards and procedures and comply with federal, state, and local building codes.
- Determine material requirements, conformance and dimensions of structure and check against blueprints.
- Maintain continuity among carpentry work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Understand safety regulations and provide guidance on policies and procedures.
- Assesses equipment, materials and labor needed to complete large and/or complex maintenance task to ensure work meets industry standards and reduces waste.
FAQs About Carpenter Foremen
What is the highest pay for Carpenter Foremen?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Carpenter Foreman is NZ$36.75 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Carpenter Foremen?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Carpenter Foreman is NZ$25.17 / hour
How can Carpenter Foremen increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Carpenter Foreman is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Carpenter Foreman that oversees more junior Carpenter Foremen, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.