Avg. Base Hourly Rate (GBP)
The average hourly pay for a Bookkeeper is £11.79
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Bookkeepers?
An entry-level Bookkeeper with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £9.89 based on 52 salaries. An early career Bookkeeper with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £10.26 based on 417 salaries. A mid-career Bookkeeper …Read more
What Do Bookkeepers Do?
As a bookkeeper one can expect to work in close proximity with a business or company in order to ensure that the most economically viable and safe decisions are made in order to keep finances tight and under control. A bookkeeper should have vast knowledge of QuickBooks, or a similar a computer accounting program, in order to track and record the financial transactions and records of a company. Strong MS-Excel skills are also a must in most companies. Part of the bookkeeping process also …Read more
- Create reports for information pertaining to retirement and payroll.
- Communicate with employees regarding changes in salary, benefits, etc.
- Enter changes to employee payroll records.
- Calculate, key, total, and balance substitute payrolls.
- Handle voluntary and involuntary deductions.