Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Field Engineer is £27,161
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Field Engineers?
An entry-level Field Engineer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £20,475 based on 5 salaries. An early career Field Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £24,256 based on 52 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Field Engineers Do?
A field engineer's responsibilities are highly specialized to the profession. They must have a comprehensive understanding of technological services and the specific machines and mechanisms of the company, as much of the position requires installing, replacing, or providing maintenance on these machines. A field engineer has a mobile job, meaning that the individual will travel often to different locations to identify weak areas in the mechanisms used across the company, report these to an …Read more
- Provide technical support for projects including design, installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation and operation of systems.
- Analyze system requirements, capacity, cost, and customer needs to determine project recommendations.
- Inspect electronic equipment, instruments, products, and systems to ensure accordance to specifications, safety standards, and quality standards.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve instruments, electronic components, equipment or systems.
- Offer technical, operational, and administrative information, and resolution of technical issues to customers and staff.