The average salary for a Late-Career Information Technology (IT) Director with People Management skills in London, England: London is £89,671.
Is Information Technology (IT) Director your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
£73k - £107k
£0 - £20k
£78k - £130k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Information Technology (IT) Director
Information technology (IT) directors are responsible for managing and directing IT operations for their companies and providing leadership and technical advice to lead their departments. They may also be responsible for developing effective strategies for deploying technology and software, testing hardware devices and applications before introducing them to management, and managing schedules and deployment contracts. These directors develop strong business relationships with vendors to obtain …Read more
Information Technology (IT) Director Tasks
- Build relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Benchmark and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure of IT systems.
- Review the performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Ready organization for IT security audits or investigations.
- Manage security of network, systems, and enterprise information.
Information Technology (IT) Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Information Technology (IT) Director
Strategic Project Management
Skills in IT Management, Strategic Project Management and Leadership are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Operations Management and Project Management.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 15 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
£23k - £55k
£22k - £49k
£25k - £59k
£26k - £63k
£18k - £35k
£18k - £38k
£37k - £93k
£26k - £67k
£36k - £73k