Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for an Information Technology (IT) Director is £99,470
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Information Technology (IT) Directors?
An experienced Information Technology (IT) Director with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £100,000 based on 7 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of £110,546.
What Do Information Technology (IT) Directors Do?
Information technology (IT) directors are responsible for managing and directing IT operations for their companies and providing leadership and technical advice to lead their departments. They may also be responsible for developing effective strategies for deploying technology and software, testing hardware devices and applications before introducing them to management, and managing schedules and deployment contracts.
These directors develop strong business relationships with vendors to obtain …Read more
- Build relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Benchmark and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure of IT systems.
- Review the performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Ready organization for IT security audits or investigations.
- Manage security of network, systems, and enterprise information.