The average salary for a Network Specialist in United Kingdom is £41,369.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Network Specialists Do?
A network specialist works in a company’s information technology (IT) department to ensure constant connectivity. The network specialist makes sure that employees who rely on a company intranet can communicate with one another. For companies that rely on an Internet presence with customers, the network specialist also ensures that the company’s website and e-commerce infrastructure works at all times.
In addition to helping to maintain this connectivity, the network specialist often helps ens…Read more
Network Specialist Tasks
- Administrate and setup of all user accounts to access the network and email.
- Setup and support all network equipment including servers, PC's, printers and LAN equipment.
- Maintain daily and monthly backups of servers ensuring data integrity.
- Installing phones, phone lines and troubleshooting problems with telephone communications.
- Install and troubleshoot problems with all software installed on company computer equipment.
Explore the most common career paths for Network Specialist. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner
to research other job paths.
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Network Specialist Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Network Specialists?
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Network Specialists?
An early career Network Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £28,425 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Network Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £42,667 based on 9 salaries. An experienced Network Specialist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £45,781 based on 8 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Years of Experience
This data is based on 23 survey responses.