Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Neurosurgeon is £97,191
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Neurosurgeons?
An entry-level Neurosurgeon with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £87,671 based on 20 salaries. An early career Neurosurgeon with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £91,727 based on 86 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Neurosurgeons Do?
Neurosurgeons are specialized surgeons who focus on the brain, spine, and nervous system, and correcting neurological problems through surgery. These can include back surgeries, removing brain tumors, and other specialized neurological procedures.
Neurosurgeons work in a variety of practice settings; some practice general neurosurgery, while others limit their practice to specific sub-specialties, such as pediatrics, spine, vascular/endovascular, tumor, peripheral nerve, functional, and skull …Read more
- Interview patients, evaluate test results, and diagnose conditions or the absence of conditions.
- Teach medical students and supervise residents.
- Document and track all treatments, diagnoses, medications, and other health data.
- Discuss outcomes and potential courses of action with patients, and assist them in the decision-making process.
- Perform surgical procedures, both exploratory and for treatment.