Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Technical Sales Manager is £36,546
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Technical Sales Managers?
An early career Technical Sales Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £31,748 based on 24 salaries. A mid-career Technical Sales Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £36,657 based on 35 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Technical Sales Managers Do?
Technical sales managers are responsible for a variety of tasks related to technical sales, including analyzing competitors, developing sales opportunities, and closing new accounts over phone, fax, and email. They are also in charge of verifying and entering account information, analyzing customers' accounts and buying history, suggesting related and new items to customers, and reporting and tracking problems. Other tasks performed by technical sales managers include recommending policy and …Read more
- Evaluate and provide analysis to management for new products and international market opportunities.
- Ensure execution of the developed sales strategies, plans, and advertising or promotional programs.
- Manage new business development sales process from proposal to close.
- Plan and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with the developed sales objectives.