The average salary for an Addiction Therapist in Rochester, New York is $46,136.
Is Addiction Therapist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$41k - $49k
$37k - $54k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Addiction Therapist
Addiction therapists work with individuals who are rehabilitating from substance abuse and other harmful behavioral activities. These therapists typically work in clinics and private practice, but are also employed by hospitals and even correctional facilities. They are responsible for assessing the level of harmful addiction or behavior in patients and overseeing one-on-one and group counseling to assist them in their recovery. Typically, addiction therapists must assess the severity of patien…Read more
Addiction Therapist Tasks
- Offer counseling and addiction support treatment to addicted individuals, their support groups, and the community.
- Outline and execute treatment plans customized to each patient's unique situation.
- Maintain relationships with supportive organizations within the community.
- Refer patients to alternative programs or methods of treatment.
- Support medical doctors in patient addiction treatment as required.
Addiction Therapist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Addiction Therapist
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Addiction Therapist in their job title in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania earn an average of 40.1% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Los Angeles, California (26.7% more) and Delray Beach, Florida (9.5% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Indianapolis, Indiana (7.9% less).
Related Job Salaries
$30k - $72k
$32k - $67k
$33k - $70k
$34k - $60k
$30k - $52k
$42k - $77k
$57k - $89k
$31k - $58k
$35k - $64k
$43k - $89k