Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Addiction Therapist is $47,532
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Addiction Therapists?
An early career Addiction Therapist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $41,546 based on 21 salaries. A mid-career Addiction Therapist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $44,004 based on 13 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Addiction Therapists Do?
Addiction therapists work with individuals who are rehabilitating from substance abuse and other harmful behavioral activities. These therapists typically work in clinics and private practice, but are also employed by hospitals and even correctional facilities. They are responsible for assessing the level of harmful addiction or behavior in patients and overseeing one-on-one and group counseling to assist them in their recovery.
Typically, addiction therapists must assess the severity of …Read more
- Offer counseling and addiction support treatment to addicted individuals, their support groups, and the community.
- Outline and execute treatment plans customized to each patient's unique situation.
- Maintain relationships with supportive organizations within the community.
- Refer patients to alternative programs or methods of treatment.
- Support medical doctors in patient addiction treatment as required.