What Do Air Conditioning (AC) Technicians Do?
An air conditioning (AC) technician is a person typically employed by a company that specializes in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) processes. This technician works to install, maintain, and repair air conditioning equipment in commercial and residential buildings. This can involve machine work on air conditioning units themselves, as well as structural work to place ducts and vents.
The AC technician doing installation work will normally be working with equipment already spec…Read more
- Install, inspect, maintain, and repair AC units.
- Read schematics, study schedules, and estimate job requirements, such as costs and completion times.
- Report job details, such as completion times, materials used, and unit damages and repairs.
- Maintain, repair, and replace company equipment and order parts and units from vendors.
- Use diagnostic equipment to test AC units for leakage, damage, and functionality.