Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Applications Programmer is $65,935
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Applications Programmers?
An entry-level Applications Programmer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $54,453 based on 44 salaries. An early career Applications Programmer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $61,591 based on 123 …Read more
What Do Applications Programmers Do?
Companies that develop and/or design software solutions or applications - whether they are used for business, entertainment, or some mix of both - are typical employers for applications programmers. The programmer performs coding, compiling, and even some initial testing when developing a new application or updating and revising an existing one. Typically, with larger companies, an application programmer works as part of a team in development, design, or web applications. The programmer must be …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications.
- Write code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone and those which access servers or services.
- Use source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Test and document software for client applications.