The average hourly pay for an Architectural Designer with Microsoft Office skills in Irvine, California is $20.56.
Architectural Designer by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Architectural Designers Do?
Architectural designers design such projects as buildings, urban landscapes, and parks. In some cases, designers will work as a part of a company or studio, although they can also work independently. They meet with the client to discuss the client's budget and preferences. They then consult with the landscape consultant to understand the construction site and create different concepts for the project for presentation to the client. After incorporating in client comments on concepts, architectura…Read more
Architectural Designer Tasks
- Produce CAD drawings, renderings, layouts and color boards for specific architectural design.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts.
- Research and develop design and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Produce drawings and specifications that have been red lined by others.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with required codes and standards.
Architectural Designer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Architectural Designers?
Skills in Autodesk Revit Architecture, Autodesk AutoCAD, Design, Adobe Photoshop and 3D Rendering are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Architectural Designer in their job title in San Francisco, California earn an average of 23.1% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (21.6% more) and Seattle, Washington (16.5% more). The lowest salaries can be found in San Antonio, Texas (19.6% less) and Miami, Florida (10.9% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 8 survey responses.
More Cities for Architectural Designer