The average hourly pay for an Early-Career Architectural Designer in San Jose, California is $28.79.
Is Architectural Designer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$28 - $31
$2,000 - $3,931
$0 - $989
$48,954 - $70,623
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Architectural Designer
Architectural designers design such projects as buildings, urban landscapes, and parks. In some cases, designers will work as a part of a company or studio, although they can also work independently. They meet with the client to discuss the client's budget and preferences. They then consult with the landscape consultant to understand the construction site and create different concepts for the project for presentation to the client. After incorporating in client comments on concepts, architectura…Read more
Architectural Designer Tasks
- Produce CAD drawings, renderings, layouts and color boards for specific architectural design.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts.
- Research and develop design and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Produce drawings and specifications that have been red lined by others.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with required codes and standards.
Architectural Designer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Architectural Designer
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Design and Adobe Photoshop are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit Architecture.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (24.7% less), Chicago, Illinois (22.7% less) and Los Angeles, California (18.2% less).
Related Job Salaries
$32k - $63k
$48k - $111k
$53k - $98k
$28k - $55k
$51k - $97k
$50k - $98k
$57k - $110k
$33k - $68k
$38k - $78k
$35k - $69k