Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Architectural Designer is $52,313
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Architectural Designers?
An early career Architectural Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $51,023 based on 38 salaries. A mid-career Architectural Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $52,816 based on 15 salaries.
What Do Architectural Designers Do?
Architectural designers design such projects as buildings, urban landscapes, and parks. In some cases, designers will work as a part of a company or studio, although they can also work independently. They meet with the client to discuss the client's budget and preferences. They then consult with the landscape consultant to understand the construction site and create different concepts for the project for presentation to the client. After incorporating in client comments on concepts, …Read more
- Produce CAD drawings, renderings, layouts and color boards for specific architectural design.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts.
- Research and develop design and product solutions and presents them for consideration.
- Produce drawings and specifications that have been red lined by others.
- Use technical manuals to ensure compliance with required codes and standards.