Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Assistant Fashion Designer is $44,076
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Assistant Fashion Designers?
An entry-level Assistant Fashion Designer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $41,301 based on 40 salaries. An early career Assistant Fashion Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $43,918 based on 352 …Read more
What Do Assistant Fashion Designers Do?
Assistant fashion designers are responsible for all aspects of the design and creation of new fashion products, as well as updating previous designs. They typically work under the supervision of a fashion designer and specialize in a particular area of design, such as skirts, sweaters, or (more generally) women’s apparel.
Using existing product designs and overall brand style, assistant fashion designers help in all stages of the fashion design process, from silhouette and initial art to …Read more
- Draw clothing products, design sketches and patterns with graphic software.
- Work with factory to produce, assess the quality of, and fit samples.
- Create specifications for products and fabrics, including dimensions and sketches.
- Prepare for and attend buy meetings and fittings, and assist with physical tasks and time management.
- Identify and research current clothing, fabric, color and market trends.