Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Associate Buyer is $58,627
What Do Associate Buyers Do?
An associate buyer is part of the supply chain and logistics department. Their primary responsibility is to purchase a large variety of products and services for the organization, achieving the highest quality at the lowest pricing. An associate buyer is responsible for negotiating deals with suppliers, as well as identifying cost-reduction opportunities, communicating them to management, and working with suppliers to realize those savings. The day-to-day responsibilities of an associate buyer …Read more
- Develop, acquire, and expand merchandise and merchandise categories, preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Present competitive data and profitability recommendations to senior management to develop merchandising plans.
- Manage vendors, suppliers, and agents, obtaining quotes, ensuring deliveries, and resolving external issues.
- Track, analyze, and improve sales and margins to achieve business objectives.
- Conduct competitor and consumer research to identify trends, consumer needs, and growth opportunities.