Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) is $108,187
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house)s?
An entry-level Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $77,713 based on 15 salaries. An early career Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house)s Do?
Positions as an attorney/lawyer (corporate, in-house) are available in a wide variety of industries and companies, as almost any company that is large enough to warrant in-house counsel will hire these attorneys. The exact duties performed by these attorneys vary based on the company’s industry and needs, but typical tasks include handling brokerage agreements, non-disclosure agreements, contract reviews, and transactional support. Counseling and negotiation support are also necessary, as is …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.